- Standard ATD E2.AI-H
Our Humanetics ES-2 side impact dummy is the second generation of the EuroSID ATD, which was developed in the 1980s to address the improvement of vehicle side impact safety. This second generation of the EuroSID family features essential upgrades recommended by users and regulators around the world. First and foremost was ameliorating the design to create a harmonized dummy that would comply with varying regional standards.
The ES-2 was developed by the SID-2000 program, a consortium of European researchers, automotive manufacturers and dummy manufacturers, and coordinated by TNO of the Netherlands.
- Head can be equipped with a six-axis upper neck load cell to evaluate neck injury and head contact loads
- Neck matches the human response to lateral flexion and can be calibrated with replaceable neck buffer elements
- Linear potentiometers measure rib deflection and the viscous criteria. Back plate load cell measures unintended seat contact
- Abdomen contains three internal load cells for struck side, three blanks for off-side, updated response corridors, T12 load cell
- Pelvis features molded plugs at the greater trochanters for lateral impact response
|OVERALL DIMENSIONS||770.7 x 470.0 x 1351.0 mm||30.3 x 18.5 x 53.2 in|
|TOTAL WEIGHT||72.4 kg||159.6 lb|
|FOOTPRINT/WORK AREA||770.7 x 470.0 mm||30.3 x 18.5 in|
|SEATED HEIGHT||909 mm||35.8 in|
Vehicular and aircraft lateral impact testing.
|WHERE USED||DEFINING REGULATION|
|ADR (Frontal, Side)||E/ECE/324/Rev.1/Add.04/Rev 2-E/ECE/TANS/505/Rev. 1/Add.94 Rev 2. Addendum 94: Regulation No. 95 Annex 6 page 48: Technical Description of the side impact dummy|
|ASEAN NCAP||E/ECE/324/Rev.1/Add.04/Rev 2-E/ECE/TANS/505/Rev. 1/Add.94 Rev 2. Addendum 94: Regulation No. 95 Annex 6 page 48: Technical Description of the side impact dummy|
|China Regulations||E/ECE/324/Rev.1/Add.04/Rev 2-E/ECE/TANS/505/Rev. 1/Add.94 Rev 2. Addendum 94: Regulation No. 95 Annex 6 page 48: Technical Description of the side impact dummy|
|LINEAR ACCELEROMETERS||LOAD CELLS||LOAD CELLS||DISPLACEMENT TRANSDUCERS|
|Head Axyz||Upper Neck Fxyz, Mxyz||Piston (Rib Slide) (3X) Fxyz||Thorax ea. Rib (3X) Dy|
|Shoulders Axyz||Lower Neck Fxyz, Mxyz||Rib Damper (Rib Slide) (3X) Fxyz|
|Thoracic spine at T1 Axyz||Shoulder L or R Fxyz||Lumbar Spine Fxyz, Mxyz|
|Lumbar Axyz||Back Plate Fxy, Mxy||Abdominal Fy|
|Pelvis Axyz||Spine Box Rib Force (3X) Fy||Pubic Fy|
|Thoracic Spine Fxy, Mxy||Femur L/R Fxyz, Mxyz|