- Standard P3/4 9MO K.AI
- Standard P1.5 18MO Z.AI
- Standard P3 3YO L.AI
- Standard P6 6YO M.AI
- Standard P10 10YO N.AI
In the mid-seventies, the United Nations' group of experts on passive safety started to work on requirements for child restraint systems. The work resulted in ECE-Regulation 44: "Uniform provisions concerning the approval of restraining devices for child occupants of power-driven vehicles" that entered into force in 1982. An ad-hoc group was asked to develop a series of child dummies for this regulation. Originally, the regulation described 4 child dummies including the P¾ (9 months), P3 (3 years), P6 (6 years), and P10 (10 years). In 1988, a 5th dummy was added representing a newborn child, the P0 and in 1995 the 18-month-old child dummy was developed (P1½).
These six dummies are known as the TNO P-series of child dummies. The dimensions and mass distribution of the dummies represent those of 50th percentile children of their respective ages.
P-Dummies are designed in 6 sizes; P0 Newborn, P¾ 9MO, P1½ 18MO, P3 3YO, P6 6YO, P10 10YO
- The P¾, P3, P6 and P10 dummies consist of a head, neck, torso assembly, lumbar vertebrae assembly, abdomen, upper and lower arms (left and right) and upper and lower legs (left and right).
- Two standard locations for accelerometers in the head cavity and at the back of the torso.
- P¾ and P3 dummies have 3-channel and 6-channel neck load transducers available.
- All dummies are supplied with two pieces of modelling clay for evaluation of abdominal penetration.
|P3/4 Sitting Height||460 mm||18.1 in|
|P3/4 Full Length||710 mm||28 in|
|P11/2 Sitting Height||495 mm||19.5 in|
|P11/2 Full Length||820 mm||32.3 in|
|P3 Sitting Height||550 mm||21.7 in|
|P3 Full Length||985 mm||38.8 in|
|P6 Sitting Height||635 mm||25 in|
|P6 Full Length||1,170 mm||46.1 in|
|P10 Sitting Height||730 mm||28.7 in|
|P10 Full Length||1,385 mm||54.5 in|
- Vehicular frontal and side child restraint systems.
|WHERE USED||DEFINING REGULATION|
|United Nations Economic Commission for Europe||UNECE-Regulation 44|
|Linear Accels||Load Cells|
|P3/4 & P3 Head||Ax, Ay, Az|
|P3/4 & P3 Neck||Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My, Mz|
|P3/4 & P3 Thorax||A, Ay, Az|
|P1.5 Head||Ax, Ay, Az|
|P1.5 Neck Upper||Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My, Mz|
|P1.5 Neck Lower||Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My, Mz|
|P1.5 Neck Lumbar||Fx, Fy, Fz, Mx, My, Mz|
|P1.5 Thorax||Ax, Ay, Az|
|P1.5 Pelvis||Ax, Ay, Az|
Finite Element Model currently not available. If you are interested in this model please contact our regional sales representatives.